Friday, April 15, 2011

The Truth

I woke at 7am as my schedule today is meeting Dr Shanker the hematologist at 8am.

After a quick shower I went straight for quick puff too.

Waited at the carpark till 755am. I sighted Dr Shanker and I made my way up to 4th floor.

We met in a very small discussion room, approximately 3m x 2m. With one small whyteboard he started with all the caused and explanation.

Finally, he confirmed my wife contracted AML - (acute myleod leukimia) with 80% white cells in the bone marrow.

I take it very positive as I have to share this result with her. I must be strong.

We then discussed how the treatment going to be. As he explain, there will be 4 cycle of chemo that patient will go through. It all takes almost a month if things goes well. The normal cost with no additional drugs is somewhere around RM70,000.

Should there be additional drugs or infection during the process, the sky is the limit.

My meeting ended less than 15 minutes. We then proceed to see my wife as she's about to have a bite of toasted bread.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment